- Outstanding: Service that provides surgical/nonsurgical holistic treatment using advanced medical technology
- Focused: Selection of best treatment methods according to each patient’s specific needs
- Experienced: Experienced spine specialists supported by multidisciplinary team
- Prepared: To provide comprehensive consultation regarding best care practices for spine and neck that is modern and relevant.
Spine Treatment at Bangkok Hospital
Our multidisciplinary health care team include: neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, neurologists, psychiatrists, anesthesiologists, rehabilitation nurses, and various technical staff who coordinate to provide treatment for spinal conditions.
To maximize efficiency of treatment processes the center utilizes a wide variety of medical technology relevant to spine treatment. Surgical and nonsurgical treatment is carried out by a team of medical experts in charge of choosing the best pathway for holistic treatment that is personally designed to suit each patient’s needs.
Bangkok Hospital provides comprehensive services in the treatment of spinal conditions. We are aware that the spine is central to the functionality of the nervous system as it controls the arms, legs, and other internal organs. This gives added importance when deciding which best treatment methods are most suitable and safe for the patient. Furthermore, spinal conditions can include a wide variety such as herniated disc, spinal stenosis, infections, tumors, and certain congenital diseases. As such, the Bangkok Spine Academy is prepared to deal with various spinal complications and provide services in accordance to our resolution “We will always choose what is best for our patients”.
Many people suffer from chronic pain brought about by herniated disc, the symptoms of which are as follows:
- Back pain while standing, sitting, or walking
- Numbness at leg or behind the foot
- Weakened muscles
- Inability to control waste i.e. defecating
What are the causes?
- Occurs when injury occurs to cervical disc and may be a result of daily activities such as bending, picking up heavy objects, and exercising
- Deterioration of disc according to age or while younger as a result of over-use resulting in a herniated disc
Nonsurgical Treatment Options
Nonsurgical treatment is appropriate for patients with symptoms that are not severe, they are:
- Anti-inflammatory Medication
- Selective Nerve Root Block
In a microdiscectomy or microdecompression spine surgery, a small portion of the bone over the nerve root and/or disc material from under the nerve root is removed to relieve neural impingement and provide more room for the nerve to heal.
Impingement on the nerve root (compression) can cause substantial leg pain. While it may take weeks or months for the nerve root to fully heal and any numbness or weakness to get better, patients normally feel relief from leg pain almost immediately after a microdiscectomy spine surgery.
Full Endoscopic Spinal Surgery
Endoscope or Full Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy is surgery using a scope which involves a surgical wound around 8-10 millimeters in diameter and a lens attached from the end of muscle fibers through to the herniated disc. During the surgery, broken bone will be removed through the use of specialized medical equipment inserted through the scope. This provides a clearer picture for the surgeon as there is little to no bleeding; furthermore there is minor damage to muscles and organs as well as minimal side effects resulting in a faster recovery period for the patient.
Article Bangkok Spine Acedamy
Bangkok Spine Academy
Contact Center 1719